So, you collected your keys at Toa Payoh's HDB hub with your lifetime partner one day and now, you have to look for interior Designers to renovate your house.
The next thing you know, IT IS TIME TO SHOP FOR FURNITURE!
However, there are many different shops and online stores, selling a million and a half designs of Sofa, Chairs, Tables and many many more. How do choose the right furniture for your house?
1. Space Planning
As we all know. New BTO flats are getting smaller and smaller as the years go by. Gone were the days when a 4-Room HDB Flat is larger than 1200sqft.
Hence, limited spaces in your new place makes your furniture shopping trip a very headache one. Questions like "Should I get a 3-Seater Sofa or just a 2-Seater one? Should I get that 6-Chair Dining Set or just a 2-Chair Balcony Set will do?"
Well, there is no definite answers.
First of all, you have to consider:
- Beside you and your partner, is there any one else who is going to stay with you?
- Are you going to add in more members to your house in the near future?
- How often will you be at home?
- How is your lifestyle like? Do you crash to your sofa immediately when you reach home? Or do you head to the study room and play computer games straightaway?
Then, you have to consider:
- Are there enough space for me to put an extra baby cot in my master bedroom?
- If yes, should I be using Queen or King size mattress in my bedroom?
- Are my babies going to have enough space to crawl around and run about freely in the house without fearing that they will bump the head onto the furniture?
As you can see, the list goes on and on.
Therefore, make an more informed buying tips when you shop with us!